Bishops Hatfield Team Ministry was formed in 2006 comprising the four Hatfield churches of St Etheldreda, St Luke, St John, and St Michael, together with St Mary's, North Mymms, and St John's in Lemsford.

The inauguration of the Team was celebrated at a service in St John's Church, Hatfield, when the then Bishop of Hertford, the Rt Rev Christopher Foster delivered the sermon, which can be read here.

St Etheldredas St Etheldreda's is Hatfield's Parish Church. Close to historic Hatfield House, it is a meeting place for a thriving Christian community.

The link with the Saxon Princess St Etheldreda is through the Bishops of Ely, who owned the manor of Hatfield from about 930 until 1538.

For wedding and baptism bookings please contact either tel: 01707 260800 or email: bhteamoffice@gmail.com

Team Rector: Father Darren Collins - tel: 01707 256638 or email: frdarren@yahoo.co.uk
St Lukes

The Third Marquess of Salisbury built St Luke’s, a grade 2 listed building, as a cemetery church in 1877.


As Newtown (the first new town) developed, regular Sunday services started in 1888. In 1893 the chapel was converted to a cruciform plan church.


Now incorporated with St Etheldreda's

tel: 01707 256638 | email: frdarren@yahoo.co.uk
St John's, Hatfield

St John’s is located in South Hatfield, over the road from the College Lane Campus of the University of Hertfordshire.

The Church building is unique, an A-frame structure, designed in the late 1950's and opened in 1960, and is a spiritual home within our community.

For wedding and baptism bookings please contact either tel: 01707 260800 or email: bhteamoffice@gmail.com

Team Vicar: The Revd Amanda Duncan
tel: 01707 694171

St Michael's, Hatfield St Michael and All Angels in Birchwood Avenue, Hatfield is well attended, with the Sunday Club having grown substantially in recent times. The children, mainly under the age of four, come into the church for a blessing during communion.

For wedding and baptism bookings please contact either tel: 01707 260800 or email: bhteamoffice@gmail.com

Team Vicar: The Revd Paul Seymour (from 30 April 2016)
tel: 01707 327621

St John's, Lemsford

The church of St John the Evangelist is located in the village of Lemsford, north of Hatfield, on the B653 at the South East side of Brocket Hall Park.

Members of the congregation are drawn from Lemsford, Welwyn Garden City, and Hatfield,in particular Hatfield Garden Village.



Team Vicar: The Revd Paul Seymour (from 30 April 2016)
Tel: 01707 327621 | Website

St Etheldreda's Parish Church Team Rector: Father Darren Collins
St Luke's Father Darren Collins
St John's, Hilltop The Revd Amanda Duncan
St Michael and All Angels Team Vicar: The Revd Paul Seymour (as from 30 April 2016)
St John's, Lemsford Team Vicar: The Revd Paul Seymour (from 30 April 2016)
 
      © 2013     to report a missing link, or for any query about this site, please contact the Webmaster