Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!
Whether you're just dreaming of a church wedding, or well into the planning already, we would love to help and support you.
The first and most often asked question is
“Can we get married at St. Mary’s?”
If you live in the parish and have done so for a period of time then the answer is simple … yes!
The easiest way to check if you live in the parish is to go to: www.achurchnearyou.com
OTHER WAYSHowever, even if you do not live in the parish you may still be entitled to marry here if you can show that this church has special family significance for you.
If you can provide evidence of one or more of the following connections listed below you can still marry here ....
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- was married in the parish
What is the next step?
The next step is to make an appointment to meet with Julia, our vicar.
Please email her on email@example.com or phone her on 01727 822887
She will then be able to answer any queries and take a wedding booking.
Once the booking is made, Julia will be able to discuss with you the various additional services we offer, including:
- A wedding preparation morning when you can meet others who are getting married and swap ideas and notes as well as look at the service and it’s meaning in detail.
- A wonderful peal of bells from our dedicated bell ringers both before and after your service.
- Music from our talented organist on one of our two organs
- A choir to sing during the signing of the registers
- Our beautiful church room which can be hired to allow for light refreshments whilst photographs are taken